It's Great to be a Journalism and Communications Ambassador

Albeit being very involved with UF's Innovation News Center, I didn't consider representing both the newsroom and the college to alumni and high school students interested in this major... until this semester.

As an ambassador, I got to work with the faculty and administration of the college and especially the PATH office advisers to host events for industry professionals and alumni and promote opportunities for students. The most exhilarating part of the job is to present information and lead tours for potential students visiting the college as well as expand my networks to other departments of sports and Noticia News.

Therefore, not only have I been able to contribute to the growth of local high school journalism programs, but I also get to tighten bonds with friends and colleagues here. Yesterday was a great example as I attended the final JCA event and banquet of 2019. The joy was second to none in the spirit of the upcoming holidays and culminated in a mentor-mentee matching. It was unexpected, but I greatly rejoiced upon meeting Will Clewis, whom I've extensively cooperated with to better promote and run our Tutoring services based on my past experience with running a writing center at Pierce College, Tacoma, WA.

It consists of amazing resources as we match tutees with students who have taken similar classes and would offer great advice and tips-- mostly and as we observe through this semester -- AP style writing and grammar and research paper. We're also working toward training club members over editing and software skills to more viably assist students with visual and audio projects. I look forward to another great year of JCA and a tremendous growth in our tutoring service.

Find out more details here: https://www.ufjca.org/about.html

Comments

Popular Posts