Hearing in The Spirit The Promises Are Coming



You must by now know of me as a steadfast faith follower beside a persistent news reporter. Let's put it this way, where else could you find a joyful and amicable Asian reporter always in his suit and a bow tie. But if you ask of my utmost beauty, it would stem from an external entity and a divine God who invariably watches over us, and who's omnipotent enough to see us for who we will become instead of who we used to be and who we are. The fact is, he knows more about you and have much greater plans for you than you know yourself.
It's an uphill battle for a Vietnamese American to make his foot in the door of broadcasting journalism-- even here at a student-run WUFT newsroom where the odds are against my accent and background.
I've hit the ground running since day one, going the extra miles (literally) with every story assignment and even as far as a second internship with News4Jax. Progress has been steady, but it's a struggle now and then to get a word in edgewise and earn trust on greater assignments-- better than the local sensation of killings and shootings. I've grown from a petty person into an optimist always smiling in the face of struggle and in honor of His blessings.
In hindsight, I've been in a much better place than some of my colleagues and even reaching the Promised Lands time and again -- as life's a process of hard work and commitment to coming to terms with God's plans. I couldn't recall how many times I, an innately impatient and unruly child, have tried to be one step ahead of Him or resisted His efforts to bring away vanity or people holding me back.
On the other hand, there are times when I sit back and -- it may sound cliche -- watch my life flash before my eyes with the exuberance upon unexpected accomplishments and partnerships. I've learned his blessings loom out more dazzlingly when you truly live in the moment and recognize His presence in others who treat you as kindly as you do to them and lead you to tremendous successes. Keep up the good works and say your prayers as the better days are yet to come...Glory to you and praises to you, my Heavenly Father!

Comments

Popular Posts