Being A UF Student Journalist


It has been a strenuous but also eye-opening and enjoyable journey being a UF student reporter. I’ve always wanted to be a talk show host, and there is no better beginning route to take other than the journalism of reporting and interviewing people in the field and then editing and delivering the content on the air. At times, it has pushed me beyond my limits of discomfort and shyness to negotiate, empathize and capture incredible moments by which people can better understand, connect and participate.
While I’m more involved with the Innovation News Center (INC) and WUFT than the Center for Media Innovation and Research (CMIR), some of my works and extracurricular activities take place in CMIR’s facilities. I wish HATCH still exists and Andrew Biz’s still around, but my collaboration with them generated exhilarating experiments on storytelling and narrative science. My favorite project from them is TatooSayWhat 
I’ve taken several extra credit opportunities on gaming, podcasting and virtual reality and amazing programs fuelling my creativity in news production.
Finally, hardly any CJC student would claim to have a full college experience unless they know what the AHA! lab is. I stayed overnight once in a while in the newsroom and came across some “neighbors” in public relations or advertising in the AHA! Lab.
Overall, UF’s School of Journalism is ranked 4th in the US, and nothing would better attest to this than the commitment, productivity and diligence of faculty and students here. Go Gators!



Comments

Popular Posts